- Unity Bank Continues to Operate on improved Key Performance Indicator”Our attention has been drawn to some online reports on purported action of the board of Unity Bank on the performance of the Bank. The Bank has a cohesive board that is working harmoniously with the Executive Management team led by Mrs. Tomi Somefun (MD/CEO) to drive the growth of the Bank. The management of […]
- Ramadan to Commence On Tuesday 13th April, 2021- Saudi ArabiaThe moon-sighting committee said that the crescent moon had not been sighted The first day of Ramadan will be April 13, Tuesday. The moon sighting committee in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia said that the crescent moon had not been sighted. Accordingly, Monday, April 12, will be the last and 30th day of Shaban 1442 […]
- ADR Centre Inaugurated in Lagos by DPRThe Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has concluded plans to inaugurate the Advisory Council and Body of Neutrals of the oil and gas industry’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre (ADRC) in Lagos. Mr Paul Osu, Head, Public Affairs, DPR, made this known in a statement issued on Monday in Lagos. Osu said that the centre would […]
- Interswitch Commences Sale of 2021 JAMB ePINsInterswitch Group, Africa’s leading technology-driven company focused on the digitization of payments in Africa has announced the opening of its platform for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) registrations. Parents and guardians of prospective candidates intending to register for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) can now obtain their ePINs from enabled Interswitch […]
- GTBank Shareholders Endorse N3.00 Total Dividend for 2020, Applaud Agbaje’s LeadershipShareholders of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) Plc, at the weekend unanimously endorsed the payment of a total dividend of N3.00 per share to shareholders for the financial year ended Dec. 31, 2020. This endorsement was made on Friday, April 9th 2021, at the Bank’s 31st Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in Lagos. The bank had proposed […]
Ahead of their World Boxing Federation (WBF) title fights coming up at GOtv Boxing Night 22 on Friday, April 2, Rilwan “Babyface” Babatunde and Rilwan “Real One” Oladosu, have arrived the Mojisola Ogunsanya Memorial Boxing Gym to step up preparations.
The two boxers are scheduled to face Tanzanian and Ghanaian opponents, who are expected in the country on 25 March to enable them undergo the mandatory quarantine period for travellers to the country.
Baby Face, the West African Boxing Union (WABU) welterweight champion, will take on Mkalekwa Salehe Omari of Tanzania for the WBF International welterweight title, while Oladosu will take on Ghana’s Emmanuel “Afuko Addo” Quartey for the WBF Intercontinental super featherweight title.While training at the Mojisola Ogunsanya Memorial Boxing Gym on Tuesday, the two boxers confirmed their readiness to ensure that they send their opponents back to their native countries in defeat.
“I have been working very hard for this and all I have in mind is nothing but victory. I have been preparing well and now is the time to make my dream come true,” said Oladosu.
The soft-spoken Baby Face also spoke in the same vein.
“The gym is a very good place to tune up for this fight. There are no distractions and we have everything to make us focus. I’m 100 per cent ready and go to go,” he said.
The boxers were also full of appreciation to the management of the gym and most especially to Chief Adewunmi Ogunsanya, who established the gym in memory of his wife. The stated that winning the two prestigious titles will be a way of justifying the investments made in boxers.
GOtv Boxing Night 22 will feature other top Nigerian boxers like Segun ‘Success’ Olanrewaju, Sikiru ‘Omo Iya Eleja’ Shogbesan, Taiwo Olowu among others.